60th Anniversary Update:
As we head down the road to the 60th Anniversary celebration on June 3rd in Claresholm, our Committee is looking for volunteers to help identify people in many of the photos they are going through. Most of the photos they require assistance with are more recent and so if you can assist, the next meeting will be held March 18th – 12-4pm in Calgary at the Haysboro Community Center – 1204-89th Avenue SW. For more information please contact Ellen Neary – email firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT BINGO NEWS
Do not forgot to book your Bingo dates for the upcoming 2017 Rodeo Season. You must work 2 bingos (booked before March 1st) to be eligible to receive any awards and compete at our finals. You must sign up by March 1st to only have to work 2 bingos. Little Cowgirls work 1 Bingo. Anyone that books after March 1st will have to work 3 bingos. You do not have to work the bingo’s before March 1st date, just have your dates booked. Rookies (1st time members): There will be a bingo held in July that will be specific to you and that date will be posted soon and you will only be required to work 2 bingo’s.
Contact Kim Welter… email: welterkim@Hotmail.com (403) 816-6327
MEMBERSHIP RODEO DATES WILL BE POSTED SOON SO GET YOUR BINGO’S BOOKED!!!
2017 Rodeo Schedule
- June 3rd – Alumni Rodeo – Claresholm
- June 17th and 18th – Thorsby Rodeo
- July 8th and 9th – Nanton
- July 22nd and 23rd – Pincher Creek
As more applications are received this list will be updated.
2017 Forms now available:
- 2017 SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION – Due April 15, 2017
- 2017 Membership Form – (To include “new” Little Cowgirls Division)
- 2017 Rodeo Approval Form
2017 FINALS UPDATE !!
The 2017 – 60th Anniversary Sudden Death Finals will be moved to August 18, 19 and 20th, 2017 at Silver Slate Arena in Stavely, Alberta. This matter was discussed in length at our Annual General Meeting and it was voted that if a suitable venue could be found on these dates then we would move the Finals for a one year trial. This decision was based on allowing us to move our Membership Rodeo back to the fall and earlier in the year.
Our September finals weekend in Claresholm will now be used to host our 2018 Membership Rodeo. Dates: September 15-17th, 2017
Mark your calendars and save your dates. Make sure you get your Bingo’s booked so that you are eligible to attend these finals!!
Exciting News for 2017:
Changes for 2017 Rodeo Season
At our 2016 Annual General Meeting in October it was voted to add two new categories to our CGRA Rodeos. Our goal as we move forward into our 60th year is to grow our youth entries. Therefore, a new division has been created in the Barrel Racing and Pole Bending. We would like to Welcome LITTLE COWGIRLS Barrel Racing and Pole Bending for the 2017 season
- Age category: 10 and under by January 1st of Rodeo Year.
- No Lead Line
- Top 6 to finals
- Buckles awarded to Season Leader and Champion in each event.
- You cannot enter any Junior Events unless you purchase a Junior Membership and move up to that Division and you will not be able to compete in the Little Cowgirls Division in any events. Once a Little Cowgirl has taken out a Junior Membership she will become and Junior member and is no longer eligible to apply for a Little Cowgirl Membership. Once you move into Junior Division you will be eligible for Rookie awards.
- Bingo Requirements; 1 Bingo to qualify for year end awards or compete at the Finals. Bingo Buyout will be accepted at $125. Same Deadline as Junior Buyout.
- Entry fee will be $10, Membership $35
- This is for a one year trial and will re-evaluated at our 2017 Annual General Meeting.
Some other important changes:
- Juniors now competing in Team Roping will have their points count towards Junior All Around.
- Rookie and Horse of the Year will now include points made at the Finals.
- A Rodeo committee has the right to cancel an event if only 2 contestants have entered.
- Barrel Racing and Pole Bending Final Go Round will run from 12th to 1st place, raking after every 4. First performance is a draw then we will roll down by 4 for next two performances.
- Finals Date has been moved to August 18, 19th and 20th to Silver Slate Arena, Stavely, Alberta. This is for a one year trial period
- Membership rodeo for 2018 Season will be held September (former finals weekend date September 15-17th,2017), in Claresholm, Alberta
ROAD TO 60 YEARS. Mark your Calendar
Alumni Rodeo and Celebration
Claresholm, Alberta – June 3, 2017
Check out some amazing action shots from our Finals:
www.roughstockstudio.ca Billie-Jean Duff, Photographer