With our Membership Rodeo May 27th and 28th, we had to cancel our May 28th bingo date for that weekend. The only date the Bingo Barn could give us in place is in April. So next bingo will be Sunday, April 16th at 4:30 pm
So, the following is the remainder of the Bingo’s in order to be eligible for 2017 awards, finals and scholarship.
April 16th – Sunday Evening
April 24th – Monday Evening
May 6th – Saturday Evening and Late Evening.
July 10th – Monday evening – ROOKIE BINGO ONLY for new 1st time members or the start of 2018 Bingo Season
Do not forgot to book your Bingo dates. If not already done so, you will have to sign up to work 3 bingo spots. You must work bingo’s to be eligible to receive any awards, scholarship and to compete at our Finals. Juniors and Little Cowgirls have the option to do the Bingo Buyout. Juniors $250 or have someone work your bingos and Little Cowgirls $125 or have someone work your 1 bingo. Rookies (who are considered 1st time members) will have a bingo specific to you and that date is Monday evening, July 10th.
Contact Kim Welter to get signed up. .. email: welterkim@Hotmail.com (403) 816-6327
Important Deadline and Form Information
2017 Scholarship Application deadline April 15th. Form link below.
2017 Bingo Buyout for anyone under 18 years of age; deadline July 15th, 2017
Juniors – $250 Little Cowgirls – $125
MEMBERSHIP RODEO DATES CONFIRMED
“2017 Rodeo Season is ready to kick off with our Membership Rodeo”
Location: Cardston Agridome
Dates: May 27th and 28th
Times: 27th @ Noon and 28th @ 10am
Online Entries will open Monday May 15th
Phone Entries will open Tuesday May 16th 5pm-9pm
You do not have to purchase your membership in advance for this rodeo but we ask that you print of a membership form and bring with you along with a separate cheque for your membership and another for fees/Stalls. This will help the office staff speed up the process of getting everyone checked in before rodeo starts. You will not be able to compete till your membership and fees are paid in full. Ensure you allow yourself enough time before your 1st event to get this done.
See link below or on Members Page for Membership Form.
More information will be posted as we get closer to the date.
“As you think about this rodeo and preparing for the season, don’t forgot to sign up for your Bingo’s.”
2017 Rodeo Schedule
- May 27th and 28th – Membership Rodeo – Cardston
- June 3rd – 60th Anniversary Rodeo and Celebration
- June 4th – CGRA Hosted Rodeo – Claresholm
- June 17th and 18th – Thorsby Rodeo
- July 3rd – Hanna Rodeo (tentative)
- July 8th and 9th – Nanton
- July 22nd and 23rd – Pincher Creek
2017 Finals: August 18-20th – Silver Slate Arena, Stavely Alberta
2017 FINALS INFORMATION
The 2017 – 60th Anniversary Sudden Death Finals will be moved to August 18, 19 and 20th, 2017 at Silver Slate Arena in Stavely, Alberta. This matter was discussed in length at our Annual General Meeting and it was voted that if a suitable venue could be found on these dates then we would move the Finals for a one year trial. This decision was based on allowing us to move our Membership Rodeo back to the fall and earlier in the year.
Our September finals weekend in Claresholm will now be used to host our 2018 Membership Rodeo. Dates: September 15-17th, 2017
Mark your calendars and save your dates. Make sure you get your Bingo’s booked so that you are eligible to attend these finals!!
Exciting Changes for 2017:
Our goal as we move forward into our 60th year is to grow our youth entries. Therefore, a new division has been created in the Barrel Racing and Pole Bending. We would like to Welcome LITTLE COWGIRLS Barrel Racing and Pole Bending for the 2017 season
- Age category: 10 and under by January 1st of Rodeo Year.
- No Lead Line
- Top 6 to finals
- Buckles awarded to Season Leader and Champion in each event.
- You cannot enter any Junior Events unless you purchase a Junior Membership and move up to that Division and you will not be able to compete in the Little Cowgirls Division in any events. Once a Little Cowgirl has taken out a Junior Membership she will become and Junior member and is no longer eligible to apply for a Little Cowgirl Membership. Once you move into Junior Division you will be eligible for Rookie awards.
- Bingo Requirements; 1 Bingo to qualify for year end awards or compete at the Finals. Bingo Buyout will be accepted at $125. Same Deadline as Junior Buyout.
- Entry fee will be $10, Membership $35
- This is for a one year trial and will re-evaluated at our 2017 Annual General Meeting.
Some other important changes for 2017 Season:
- Juniors now competing in Team Roping will have their points count towards Junior All Around.
- Rookie and Horse of the Year will now include points made at the Finals.
- A Rodeo committee has the right to cancel an event if only 2 contestants have entered.
- Barrel Racing and Pole Bending Final Go Round will run from 12th to 1st place, raking after every 4. First performance is a draw then we will roll down by 4 for next two performances.
- Finals Date has been moved to August 18, 19th and 20th to Silver Slate Arena, Stavely, Alberta. This is for a one year trial period
- Membership rodeo for 2018 Season will be held September (former finals weekend date September 15-17th,2017), in Claresholm, Alberta
Check out some amazing action shots from our Finals:
www.roughstockstudio.ca Billie-Jean Duff, Photographer